Search the collections
This item is on display at Melbourne Museum
Where is it from?
- A User Carlton, Australia
Similar items over time
Sign - Cottee's 'Passiona', circa 1960 Reg. No: SH 921152
- Cardboard shop advertising sign for Cottee's Passiona soft drink, circa 1960, used at the Old Lolly Shop, Carlton North.
The Old Lolly Shop was a milk bar opened and run by Elizabeth and Henry Cohen at 314 Rathdowne Street, Carlton North, from 1939 to 1975.
- Long, rectangular sign in cream coloured cardboard. Contains printed text in black and orange. On the right side is a Passiona bottle on an angle. It has a purple diamond-shape label with a Cottee's logo and 'Passiona' clearly marked. The pull-top lid is purple. The fluid is orange. Behind the bottle is a circle with a pattern in blue and black.
- Acquisition Information:
- Donation from Mr Alan Cohen, 1992
- Donated in memory of Elizabeth and Henry Cohen.
|Dimensions:||101.50 cm (Height), 32.00 cm (Length)|
|Tagged with:||advertising signs, jewish communities, religions judaism, retailing, shops, working life|
|Themes this item is part of:||Old Lolly Shop Collection, Cultural Diversity Collection, Domestic & Community Life Collection, Working Life & Trades Collection|
|On Display at:||Melbourne Museum|
|Primary Classification:||COMMERCE & RETAILING|
|Secondary Classification:||Milk Bars|
|Inscriptions:||Text: There's only one../PASSIONA! Bottle label: Cottee's/PASSIONA/REGIS- TERED TRADE MARK OF COTTEE'S GENERAL FOODS LTD.|
|Manufacturer:||Cottee's Ltd, Australia, circa 1960|
|User:||The Old Lolly Shop, Carlton, Victoria, Australia, circa 1960-1975|