Search the collections
This item is on display at Melbourne Museum
Similar items over time
Sign - Cottee's Tango, circa 1955 Reg. No: SH 921150
- Cottee's Tango soft drink advertising sign, circa 1955, displayed at the Old Lolly Shop, Carlton North.
The Old Lolly Shop was a milk bar opened and run by Elizabeth and Henry Cohen at 314 Rathdowne Street, Carlton North, from 1939 to 1975.
- Rectangular sign. Cream-coloured background with orange print in the upper right corner. On the left is a green can-shaped section with cream coloured printed text. The reverse is plain.
- Acquisition Information:
- Donation from Mr Alan Cohen, 1992
- Donated in memory of Elizabeth and Henry Cohen.
|Dimensions:||31.80 cm (Height), 101.50 cm (Length)|
|Tagged with:||advertising signs, jewish communities, religions judaism, retailing, shops, working life|
|Themes this item is part of:||Old Lolly Shop Collection, Cultural Diversity Collection, Domestic & Community Life Collection, Working Life & Trades Collection|
|On Display at:||Melbourne Museum|
|Primary Classification:||COMMERCE & RETAILING|
|Secondary Classification:||Milk Bars|
|Inscriptions:||Text: Cottee's/TANGO/Tastes like a real/Valencia Orange!.|
|Manufacturer:||Cottee's Ltd, Sydney, New South Wales, Australia, circa 1955|
|User:||The Old Lolly Shop, Carlton North, Victoria, Australia, circa 1955-1975|