Search the collections
This item is on display at Melbourne Museum
Where is it from?
- A User Carlton North, Australia
Similar items over time
Sign - Streets 'Coffee Rococo' Ice Cream, circa 1970 Reg. No: SH 921172
- Cardboard shop advertising sign for Streets 'Coffee Rococo' ice cream, circa 1970, used at the Old Lolly Shop, Carlton North.
The Old Lolly Shop was a milk bar opened and run by Elizabeth and Henry Cohen at 314 Rathdowne Street, Carlton North, from 1939 to 1975.
- Rectangular cardboard sign. Printed in black and white with purple ground. Gold printed lettering. Image of man and woman in centre oval. Reverse plain white coloured card. Cardboard stand adhered to centre, reverse.
- Acquisition Information:
- Donation from Mr Alan Cohen, 1992
- Donated in memory of Elizabeth and Henry Cohen.
|Dimensions:||24.20 cm (Width), 35.70 cm (Length)|
|Tagged with:||advertising signs, confectioneries, jewish communities, religions judaism, retailing, shops|
|Themes this item is part of:||Old Lolly Shop Collection, Cultural Diversity Collection, Domestic & Community Life Collection, Working Life & Trades Collection|
|On Display at:||Melbourne Museum|
|Primary Classification:||COMMERCE & RETAILING|
|Secondary Classification:||Milk Bars|
|Inscriptions:||Text: Streets/Coffee Rococo/coconut coffee coating with marshmallow & coffee ice cream/12c.|
|Manufacturer:||Streets Ice Cream, Australia, circa 1970|
|User:||The Old Lolly Shop, Carlton North, Victoria, Australia, circa 1970-1975|