Sign - Streets 'Top-Scotch' Ice Cream, circa 1970 Reg. No: SH 921174
- Cardboard shop advertising sign for Streets 'Top Scotch' ice cream, circa 1970, used at the Old Lolly Shop, Carlton North.
The Old Lolly Shop was a milk bar opened and run by Elizabeth and Henry Cohen at 314 Rathdowne Street, Carlton North, from 1939 to 1975.
- Rectangular-shaped cardboard sign. Printed in full colour and coated image of ice-cream on piece of green/blue woven woollen fabric with an amber or topaz brooch. Logo in u.l. corner. Reverse, white-coloured card. Folding cardboard stand adhered to centre reverse.
- Acquisition Information:
- Donation from Mr Alan Cohen, 1992
- Donated in memory of Elizabeth and Henry Cohen.
|Dimensions:||24.00 cm (Width), 36.00 cm (Length)|
|Tagged with:||advertising signs, confectioneries, jewish communities, religions judaism, retailing, shops|
|Themes this item is part of:||Old Lolly Shop Collection, Cultural Diversity Collection, Domestic & Community Life Collection, Working Life & Trades Collection|
|Primary Classification:||COMMERCE & RETAILING|
|Secondary Classification:||Milk Bars|
|Inscriptions:||Text: Streets/TopScotch/BUTTERSCOTCH BAR/10c.|
|Manufacturer:||Streets Ice Cream, Australia, circa 1970|
|User:||The Old Lolly Shop, Carlton North, Victoria, Australia, circa 1970-1975|