Search the collections
This item is on display at Melbourne Museum
Where is it from?
- A User Carlton North, Australia
Similar items over time
Sign - Streets 'Triple Treat' Ice Cream, circa 1970 Reg. No: SH 921170
- Cardboard shop advertising sign for Streets 'Triple Treat' ice cream, circa 1970, used at the Old Lolly Shop, Carlton North.
The Old Lolly Shop was a milk bar opened and run by Elizabeth and Henry Cohen at 314 Rathdowne Street, Carlton North, from 1939 to 1975.
- Thick cardboard sign, printed and caoted in full colour on one side. Rect- angular in shape. Reverse plain white in colour. Folding cardboard stand adhered to reverse centre.
- Acquisition Information:
- Donation from Mr Alan Cohen, 1992
- Donated in memory of Elizabeth and Henry Cohen.
|Dimensions:||24.40 cm (Width), 36.00 cm (Length)|
|Tagged with:||advertising signs, confectioneries, jewish communities, religions judaism, retailing, shops, sipu|
|Themes this item is part of:||Old Lolly Shop Collection, Cultural Diversity Collection, Domestic & Community Life Collection, Working Life & Trades Collection|
|On Display at:||Melbourne Museum|
|Primary Classification:||COMMERCE & RETAILING|
|Secondary Classification:||Milk Bars|
|Inscriptions:||Text: Streets/triple treat/Now in two flavours!/New caramel and strawberry/10/cents.|
|Manufacturer:||Streets Ice Cream, Australia, circa 1970|
|User:||The Old Lolly Shop, Carlton North, Victoria, Australia, circa 1970-1975|