Similar items over time
Sign - MacRobertson's Chocolate, circa 1950 Reg. No: SH 921158
- Shop advertising sign for MacRobertson chocolates, circa 1950, used at the Old Lolly Shop, Carlton North.
The Old Lolly Shop was a milk bar opened and run by Elizabeth and Henry Cohen at 314 Rathdowne Street, Carlton North, from 1939 to 1975.
- Clear plastic rectangular sign, with the word MacRobertson's screened in black ink.
- Acquisition Information:
- Donation from Mr Alan Cohen, 1992
- Donated in memory of Elizabeth and Henry Cohen.
|Dimensions:||25.40 cm (Height), 91.50 cm (Length)|
|Tagged with:||advertising signs, confectioneries, jewish communities, religions judaism, retailing, shops|
|Themes this item is part of:||Old Lolly Shop Collection, Cultural Diversity Collection, Domestic & Community Life Collection, Working Life & Trades Collection|
|Primary Classification:||COMMERCE & RETAILING|
|Secondary Classification:||Milk Bars|
|Manufacturer:||MacRobertson Pty Ltd, Australia, circa 1950|
|User:||The Old Lolly Shop, Carlton, Victoria, Australia, circa 1950-1975|