Sign - Cadbury's Chocolate, circa 1970 Reg. No: SH 921190
- Paper board shop advertising sign for Cadbury's chocolate, circa 1970, used at the Old Lolly Shop, Carlton North.
The Old Lolly Shop was a milk bar opened and run by Elizabeth and Henry Cohen at 314 Rathdowne Street, Carlton North, from 1939 to 1975.
- Rectangular shaped corrugated board sign, portrait design. Very brightly coloured. Ground colour blue, image of chocolate block with two glasses of milk in centre. Text along upper and lower edges. Reverse blank. cartoon style. Reverse, handwritten advertisement or notice for freshly made sandwiches. Two holes have been made along top edge, and a doubled length of string has been threaded through.
- Acquisition Information:
- Donation from Mr Alan Cohen, 1992
- Donated in memory of Elizabeth and Henry Cohen.
|Dimensions:||41.80 cm (Width), 52.00 cm (Length)|
|Tagged with:||advertising signs, confectioneries, jewish communities, religions judaism, retailing, shops|
|Themes this item is part of:||Old Lolly Shop Collection, Cultural Diversity Collection, Domestic & Community Life Collection, Working Life & Trades Collection|
|Primary Classification:||COMMERCE & RETAILING|
|Secondary Classification:||Milk Bars|
|Inscriptions:||Text:All one price/20c/BLOCKS/CADBURY'S/QUALITY/CHOCOLATE.|
|Manufacturer:||Cadbury, Australia, circa 1970|
|User:||The Old Lolly Shop, Carlton North, Victoria, Australia, circa 1970-1975|