Similar items over time
Sign - Schweppes Soft Drinks, circa 1965 Reg. No: SH 921162
- Shop advertising sign for Schweppes soft drinks, circa 1965, used at the Old Lolly Shop, Carlton North.
The Old Lolly Shop was a milk bar opened and run by Elizabeth and Henry Cohen at 314 Rathdowne Street, Carlton North, from 1939 to 1975.
- Rectangular shaped paperboard sign of landscape design. Colour photographic image of two bottles and glasses of soft drink. Background completed in sun set colours. Deep white border along lower edge with text black print. Reverse blank.
- Acquisition Information:
- Donation from Mr Alan Cohen, 1992
- Donated in memory of Elizabeth and Henry Cohen.
|Dimensions:||47.80 cm (Height), 73.50 cm (Length)|
|Tagged with:||advertising signs, jewish communities, religions judaism, retailing, shops|
|Themes this item is part of:||Old Lolly Shop Collection, Cultural Diversity Collection, Domestic & Community Life Collection, Working Life & Trades Collection|
|Primary Classification:||COMMERCE & RETAILING|
|Secondary Classification:||Milk Bars|
|Inscriptions:||Black print, lower edge: Schweppesmanship.|
|Manufacturer:||Cadbury Schweppes Australia, Australia, circa 1965|
|User:||The Old Lolly Shop, Carlton, Victoria, Australia, circa 1965-1975|