Similar items over time
Sign - Streets 'Valentines' Ice Cream, circa 1970 Reg. No: SH 921181
- Cardboard shop advertising sign for Streets 'Valentines' ice cream, circa 1970, used at the Old Lolly Shop, Carlton North.
The Old Lolly Shop was a milk bar opened and run by Elizabeth and Henry Cohen at 314 Rathdowne Street, Carlton North, from 1939 to 1975.
- Rectangular shaped paperboard sign of portrait design. Logo u.l. corner, text along top edge. Main photographic image in colour, depicts box of heart-shaped ice creams and two red roses. Reverse blank, cardboard folding stand adhered to centre.
- Acquisition Information:
- Donation from Mr Alan Cohen, 1992
- Donated in memory of Elizabeth and Henry Cohen.
|Dimensions:||35.60 cm (Height), 24.20 cm (Length)|
|Tagged with:||advertising signs, confectioneries, jewish communities, religions judaism, retailing, shops|
|Themes this item is part of:||Old Lolly Shop Collection, Cultural Diversity Collection, Domestic & Community Life Collection, Working Life & Trades Collection|
|Primary Classification:||COMMERCE & RETAILING|
|Secondary Classification:||Milk Bars|
|Inscriptions:||Text: Valentines/delicious choc-coated/peppermint ice cream desserts.|
|Manufacturer:||Streets Ice Cream, Australia, circa 1970|
|User:||The Old Lolly Shop, Carlton North, Victoria, Australia, circa 1970-1975|