Sign - Mars Bar, circa 1970 Reg. No: SH 921182
- Mars Bar advertising sign, circa 1970, displayed at the Old Lolly Shop, Carlton North.
The Old Lolly Shop was a milk bar opened and run by Elizabeth and Henry Cohen at 314 Rathdowne Street, Carlton North, from 1939 to 1975.
- Square shaped cardboard sign, portrait in design. Colour photograph of Mars bar l.l. corner, background colour photograph eggs and glass of milk. Circular price label l.r. centre protrudes from edge. Reverse blank. Both cards identical.
- Acquisition Information:
- Donation from Mr Alan Cohen, 1992
- Donated in memory of Elizabeth and Henry Cohen.
|Dimensions:||18.50 cm (Width), 16.00 cm (Length)|
|Tagged with:||advertising signs, confectioneries, jewish communities, religions judaism, retailing, shops, working life|
|Themes this item is part of:||Old Lolly Shop Collection, Cultural Diversity Collection, Domestic & Community Life Collection, Working Life & Trades Collection|
|Primary Classification:||COMMERCE & RETAILING|
|Secondary Classification:||Milk Bars|
|Inscriptions:||Text: tastes good../good for you-too!/Mars/creamy caramel/10c/whipped malted centre/full cream milk chocolate.|
|User:||The Old Lolly Shop, Carlton North, Victoria, Australia, 1970-1975|