Search the collections
Sign - Fry's Turkish Delight, circa 1970 Reg. No: SH 921168
- Fry's Turkish Delight chocolate bar advertising sign, circa 1970, displayed at the Old Lolly Shop, Carlton North.
The Old Lolly Shop was a milk bar opened and run by Elizabeth and Henry Cohen at 314 Rathdowne Street, Carlton North, from 1939 to 1975.
- Rectangular shaped paper board sign, portrait in design. Full colour image of genie on carpet with chocolate bar overhead Silhouette of city scape with night sky in background. Images completed in cartoon style. Reverse, handwritten advertisement or notice for freshly made sandwiches. Two holes have been made along top edge, and a doubled length of string has been threaded through.
- Acquisition Information:
- Donation from Mr Alan Cohen, 1992
- Donated in memory of Elizabeth and Henry Cohen.
|Dimensions:||50.00 cm (Height), 31.80 cm (Length)|
|Tagged with:||advertising signs, confectioneries, jewish communities, religions judaism, retailing, shops, cultural stereotypes|
|Themes this item is part of:||Old Lolly Shop Collection, Cultural Diversity Collection, Domestic & Community Life Collection, Working Life & Trades Collection, Objects & Cultural Stereotypes in Museum Victoria Collections, Advertising, Branding & Cultural Stereotypes in Museum Victoria Collections|
|Primary Classification:||COMMERCE & RETAILING|
|Secondary Classification:||Milk Bars|
|Inscriptions:||White print: Fry's Feast From The/Fabulous East. Reverse: Fresh/Sandwiches/Made to Order./Vegemite/Cheese/Meat/Salad/Egg & Lettuce/Tomato/Ham.|
|Manufacturer:||Cadbury Fry Pascall Australia Ltd., Claremont, Tasmania, Australia, circa 1970|
|User:||The Old Lolly Shop, Carlton North, Victoria, Australia, circa 1970-1975|
This item is part of the following themes: