Sign - 'Special!', Old Lolly Shop, Carlton North, circa 1970 Reg. No: SH 921194
- Shop advertising sign used at the Old Lolly Shop, Carlton North.
The Old Lolly Shop was a milk bar opened and run by Elizabeth and Henry Cohen at 314 Rathdowne Street, Carlton North, from 1939 to 1975.
- Rectangular shaped cardboard sign, landscape design. Ground white in colour, with thin orange coloured lower edge. Sign has been cut away from a larger piece of card. Text across centre. Reverse blank. Both cards identical.
- Acquisition Information:
- Donation from Mr Alan Cohen, 1992
- Donated in memory of Elizabeth and Henry Cohen.
|Dimensions:||44.50 cm (Width), 7.60 cm (Length)|
|Tagged with:||advertising signs, jewish communities, religions judaism, retailing, shops|
|Themes this item is part of:||Old Lolly Shop Collection, Cultural Diversity Collection, Domestic & Community Life Collection, Working Life & Trades Collection|
|Primary Classification:||COMMERCE & RETAILING|
|Secondary Classification:||Milk Bars|
|User:||The Old Lolly Shop, Carlton, Victoria, Australia, circa 1970-1975|