Similar items over time
Transfer - Cadbury Dairy Milk Chocolate, circa 1965 Reg. No: SH 921167
- Advertising transfer for Cadbury's chocolate, circa 1965, used at the Old Lolly Shop, Carlton North.
The Old Lolly Shop was a milk bar opened and run by Elizabeth and Henry Cohen at 314 Rathdowne Street, Carlton North, from 1939 to 1975.
- Circular transfer adhered to a paper base. Transfer ground blue in colour with yellow edging. Centre depicts image of block of chocolate and two glasses of milk. Transfer instructions printed on reverse.
- Acquisition Information:
- Donation from Mr Alan Cohen, 1992
- Donated in memory of Elizabeth and Henry Cohen.
|Dimensions:||43.50 cm (Height), 40.50 cm (Length)|
|Dimension Comment:||Transfer 39.5 diameter.|
|Tagged with:||confectioneries, jewish communities, religions judaism, retailing, shops|
|Themes this item is part of:||Old Lolly Shop Collection, Cultural Diversity Collection, Domestic & Community Life Collection, Working Life & Trades Collection|
|Primary Classification:||COMMERCE & RETAILING|
|Secondary Classification:||Milk Bars|
|Tertiary Classification:||promotional materials|
|Inscriptions:||Reverse, grey print, c. [Extensive text].|
|Manufacturer:||Cadbury, Australia, circa 1965|
|User:||The Old Lolly Shop, Carlton North, Victoria, Australia, circa 1965-1975|