Similar items over time
Sign - MacRobertson 'Snack' Chocolates, circa 1970 Reg. No: SH 921179
- Shop advertising sign for MacRobertson 'Snack' chocolates, circa 1970, used at the Old Lolly Shop, Carlton North.
The Old Lolly Shop was a milk bar opened and run by Elizabeth and Henry Cohen at 314 Rathdowne Street, Carlton North, from 1939 to 1975.
- Rectangular shaped paper board sign of portrait design. Ground colours orange and white. Sign is comprised of text only. Two vertical cuts in botom edge for attaching sign to box. Reverse plain white card.
- Acquisition Information:
- Donation from Mr Alan Cohen, 1992
- Donated in memory of Elizabeth and Henry Cohen.
|Dimensions:||58.20 cm (Height), 45.50 cm (Length)|
|Tagged with:||advertising signs, confectioneries, jewish communities, religions judaism, retailing, shops|
|Themes this item is part of:||Old Lolly Shop Collection, Cultural Diversity Collection, Domestic & Community Life Collection, Working Life & Trades Collection|
|Primary Classification:||COMMERCE & RETAILING|
|Secondary Classification:||Milk Bars|
|Inscriptions:||Red, white and brown print: Special!/Mac.Robertson/ Snack/Like a/little box/of chocolates/6 flavours/twice.|
|Manufacturer:||MacRobertson Pty Ltd, Australia, circa 1970|
|User:||The Old Lolly Shop, Carlton, Victoria, Australia, circa 1970|