Sign - Marchants Lemonade, circa 1970 Reg. No: SH 921156
- Shop advertising sign for Marchants Lemonade, circa 1970, used at the Old Lolly Shop, Carlton North.
The Old Lolly Shop was a milk bar opened and run by Elizabeth and Henry Cohen at 314 Rathdowne Street, Carlton North, from 1939 to 1975.
- Rectangular shaped paper board sign, of portrait design. Ground colour white, centre image in colour of man and children completed in cartoon style. Image surrounded by black border. Text upper and lower edges. Reverse plain card.
- Acquisition Information:
- Donation from Mr Alan Cohen, 1992
- Donated in memory of Elizabeth and Henry Cohen.
|Dimensions:||74.00 cm (Height), 49.50 cm (Length)|
|Tagged with:||advertising signs, jewish communities, religions judaism, retailing, shops|
|Themes this item is part of:||Old Lolly Shop Collection, Cultural Diversity Collection, Domestic & Community Life Collection, Working Life & Trades Collection|
|Primary Classification:||COMMERCE & RETAILING|
|Secondary Classification:||Milk Bars|
|Inscriptions:||Red, pink, yellow and green print: MARCHANTS/Spark/ alark/alark/aling!!/LEMONADE.|
|User:||The Old Lolly Shop, Carlton, Victoria, Australia, circa 1970-1975|