Similar items over time
Sign - MacRobertson 'Family Favourites' Chocolate, circa 1970 Reg. No: SH 921166
- Shop advertising sign for MacRobertson 'Family Favourite' chocolates, circa 1970, used at the Old Lolly Shop, Carlton North.
The Old Lolly Shop was a milk bar opened and run by Elizabeth and Henry Cohen at 314 Rathdowne Street, Carlton North, from 1939 to 1975.
- Rectangular shaped cardboard sign, portrait design. Ground colour purple. Deep band of white along upper edge. Large blank area with bright yellow border lower centre. Reverse blank.
- Acquisition Information:
- Donation from Mr Alan Cohen, 1992
- Donated in memory of Elizabeth and Henry Cohen.
|Dimensions:||58.50 cm (Height), 45.80 cm (Length)|
|Tagged with:||advertising signs, confectioneries, jewish communities, religions judaism, retailing, shops|
|Themes this item is part of:||Old Lolly Shop Collection, Cultural Diversity Collection, Domestic & Community Life Collection, Working Life & Trades Collection|
|Primary Classification:||COMMERCE & RETAILING|
|Secondary Classification:||Milk Bars|
|Inscriptions:||Text: Special!/MacRobertson/family favourites.|
|Manufacturer:||MacRobertson Pty Ltd, Australia, circa 1970|
|User:||The Old Lolly Shop, Carlton, Victoria, Australia, circa 1970|