Search the collections
Display Card - Simpson's Santas, circa 1970 Reg. No: SH 921124
- Display for Simpson's Santas chocolates, circa 1970. Used at the Old Lolly Shop.
The Old Lolly Shop was a milk bar opened and run by Elizabeth and Henry Cohen at 314 Rathdowne Street, Carlton North, from 1939 to 1975.
- Display card of printed cardboard, displaying product name, description, price, and illustrated with Santa Claus and reindeer design printed on one side only.
- Acquisition Information:
- Donation from Mr Alan Cohen, 1992
- Donated in memory of Elizabeth and Henry Cohen.
|Dimensions:||12.10 cm (Width), 26.10 cm (Length)|
|Tagged with:||advertising signs, confectioneries, jewish communities, religions judaism, retailing, shops, working life|
|Themes this item is part of:||Old Lolly Shop Collection, Childhood & Youth Collection, Cultural Diversity Collection, Domestic & Community Life Collection, Working Life & Trades Collection|
|Primary Classification:||COMMERCE & RETAILING|
|Secondary Classification:||Milk Bars|
|Inscriptions:||Text: Simpson's/SANTAS/5c/EACH/CHOCOLATE COATED CREAMY CENTRE.|
|Manufacturer:||Metal Wood Repetitions Co., Sydney, New South Wales, Australia, 1966-1975|
|User:||The Old Lolly Shop, Carlton, Victoria, Australia, 1967-1975|