Search the collections
Necklace - Prue Acton, Gumleaf, 1981-1982 Reg. No: SH 942068
- These accessories were designed and manufactured in Melbourne by Prue Acton P/L in 1981-1982. They were worn as neckpieces &/or belts with the Preu Acton Gumleaf dresses (SH 942066 and SH 942067.)
- Two decorative costume accessories of gumleaf and nut design, comprising artificial leaves of pink and green leather and silk. Real gumnuts and brass beads are attached to brown plaited leather thonging.
(1) 4 silk leaves, two pink and two green, 1 brass bead, 1 large gumnut.
(2) 3 green leather leaves, 3 green silk leaves, 3 brass beads, 2 small gumnuts, 2 synthetic 'blossom' tassles, 1 pink, 1 white
- Acquisition Information:
- Donation from Ms Prue Acton, 1994
|Dimensions:||155.00 cm (Height)|
|Dimension Comment:||.2: 127.00|
|Tagged with:||fashion, fashion design, fashion industry, jewellery, women s clothing accessories, making history - prue acton|
|Themes this item is part of:||Prue Acton, Fashion Designer (1943- ), Clothing & Textiles Collection, Domestic & Community Life Collection|
|Primary Classification:||CLOTHING & PERSONAL ACCESSORIES|
|Manufacturer:||Prue Acton Pty. Ltd. (and/or Contractors), Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, 1981-1982|
|Designer:||Ms Prue Acton, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, 1981-1982|
|User:||Ms Prue Acton, 1981 or later|