Search the collections
This item is on display at Melbourne Museum
Where is it from?
- A User Carlton North, Australia
Retail Sign - Pies, Old Lolly Shop, Carlton North, circa 1955-1966 Reg. No: SH 921120 3
- Celluloid retail sign for pies, used at the Old Lolly Shop, Carlton North, circa 1955-1966. The sign became obsolete with the introduction of decimal currency in 1966.
The Old Lolly Shop was a milk bar opened and run by Elizabeth and Henry Cohen at 314 Rathdowne Street, Carlton North, from 1939 to 1975.
- Celluloid sign, square in shape, with curved upper cream in colour.
- Acquisition Information:
- Donation from Mr Alan Cohen, 1992
- Donated in memory of Elizabeth and Henry Cohen.
|Dimensions:||15.00 cm (Width), 15.00 cm (Length)|
|Tagged with:||advertising signs, jewish communities, religions judaism, retailing, shops|
|Themes this item is part of:||Old Lolly Shop Collection, Cultural Diversity Collection, Domestic & Community Life Collection, Working Life & Trades Collection|
|On Display at:||Melbourne Museum|
|Primary Classification:||COMMERCE & RETAILING|
|Secondary Classification:||Milk Bars|
|Inscriptions:||Text: Try Our/HOME MADE/PIES/You'll like them.|
|User:||The Old Lolly Shop, Carlton North, Victoria, Australia, circa 1955-1966|