Retail Sign - Forresters Crumpets, Old Lolly Shop, Carlton North, circa 1955-1996 Reg. No: SH 921120 4
- Celluloid retail sign for Forresters crumpets, used at the Old Lolly Shop, Carlton North, circa 1955-1966. The sign became obsolete with the introduction of decimal currency in 1966.
The Old Lolly Shop was a milk bar opened and run by Elizabeth and Henry Cohen at 314 Rathdowne Street, Carlton North, from 1939 to 1975.
- Celluloid sign, rectangular in shape, cream in colour. Steel pin attached
- Acquisition Information:
- Donation from Mr Alan Cohen, 1992
- Donated in memory of Elizabeth and Henry Cohen.
|Dimensions:||0.50 cm (Height), 10.10 cm (Width), 13.00 cm (Length)|
|Tagged with:||advertising signs, jewish communities, religions judaism, retailing, shops|
|Themes this item is part of:||Old Lolly Shop Collection, Cultural Diversity Collection, Domestic & Community Life Collection, Working Life & Trades Collection|
|Primary Classification:||COMMERCE & RETAILING|
|Secondary Classification:||Milk Bars|
|Inscriptions:||Text: FORRESTERS/Ye Olde Style/CRUMPETS/PHONE LA 1725.|
|User:||The Old Lolly Shop, Carlton North, Victoria, Australia, circa 1955-1966|