Search the collections
Sign - Coca-Cola, circa 1970 Reg. No: SH 921153
- Coca-Cola advertising sign, circa 1970, displayed at the Old Lolly Shop, Carlton North.
The Old Lolly Shop was a milk bar opened and run by Elizabeth and Henry Cohen at 314 Rathdowne Street, Carlton North, from 1939 to 1975.
- Square shaped sign of thick cardboard, portrait design. Ground colour red with thin white border along all four edges. Coca-Cola logo in centre in white. Reverse blank. Both signs are identical. Reverse blank.
- Acquisition Information:
- Donation from Mr Alan Cohen, 1992
- Donated in memory of Elizabeth and Henry Cohen.
|Dimensions:||11.50 cm (Width), 56.80 cm (Length)|
|Tagged with:||advertising signs, jewish communities, religions judaism, retailing, shops, working life|
|Themes this item is part of:||Old Lolly Shop Collection, Cultural Diversity Collection, Domestic & Community Life Collection, Working Life & Trades Collection|
|Primary Classification:||COMMERCE & RETAILING|
|Secondary Classification:||Milk Bars|
|Inscriptions:||Text: Enjoy/Coca-Cola/Trade Mark Regd.|
|Manufacturer:||Coca-Cola Bottlers (Melbourne) Pty Ltd, Moorabbin, Victoria, Australia, circa 1970|
|User:||The Old Lolly Shop, Carlton North, Victoria, Australia, circa 1970-1975|