Search the collections
This item is on display at Melbourne Museum
Sign - Cottee's Passiona, circa 1950 Reg. No: SH 921175
- Cottee's Passiona soft drink advertising sign, circa 1950, displayed at the Old Lolly Shop, Carlton North.
The Old Lolly Shop was a milk bar opened and run by Elizabeth and Henry Cohen at 314 Rathdowne Street, Carlton North, from 1939 to 1975.
- Rectangular-shaped metal sign. Front has image of glass of sparkly beverage and passionfruit screened on a deep purple and cream ground. Text across bottom edge. Reverse plain, grainy deep pink in colour.
- Acquisition Information:
- Donation from Mr Alan Cohen, 1992
- Donated in memory of Elizabeth and Henry Cohen.
|Dimensions:||30.40 cm (Height), 22.80 cm (Length)|
|Tagged with:||advertising signs, jewish communities, religions judaism, retailing, shops, working life|
|Themes this item is part of:||Old Lolly Shop Collection, Cultural Diversity Collection, Domestic & Community Life Collection, Working Life & Trades Collection|
|On Display at:||Melbourne Museum|
|Primary Classification:||COMMERCE & RETAILING|
|Secondary Classification:||Milk Bars|
|Inscriptions:||Printed front: DRINK/SPARKLING/PASSIONA.|
|Manufacturer:||Cottee's Ltd, Sydney, New South Wales, Australia, circa 1950|
|User:||The Old Lolly Shop, Carlton North, Victoria, Australia, circa 1952-1975|