Search the collections
This item is on display at Melbourne Museum
Where is it from?
- A User Carlton, Australia
Menu Board - Old Lolly Shop, Carlton North Reg. No: SH 921122
- Menu board used at the Old Lolly Shop, Carlton North, circa 1950-1975.
The Old Lolly Shop was a milk bar opened and run by Elizabeth and Henry Cohen at 314 Rathdowne Street, Carlton North, from 1939 to 1975.
- Flat masonite backed board. Seven metal horizontal windows attached with tacks to front of board into which plastic stock labels are slid. Seven plastic stock labels and two background strips of marble green plastic are attached to this stand. Each label has printed in black the name-generic of items available for sale. Back of board is plain brown.
- Acquisition Information:
- Donation from Mr Alan Cohen, 1992
- Donated in memory of Elizabeth and Henry Cohen.
|Dimensions:||30.50 cm (Height), 30.50 cm (Length)|
|Tagged with:||jewish communities, religions judaism, retailing, shops, working life, roll cod.73074 roll n. 035|
|Themes this item is part of:||Old Lolly Shop Collection, Cultural Diversity Collection, Domestic & Community Life Collection, Working Life & Trades Collection|
|On Display at:||Melbourne Museum|
|Primary Classification:||COMMERCE & RETAILING|
|Secondary Classification:||Milk Bars|
|Inscriptions:||Printed on seven white plastic strips attached to board, black ink: BREAD/ROLLS/Cream/Butter/Sandwiches/Cakes/Hot Pies & Pasties.|
|User:||The Old Lolly Shop, Carlton, Victoria, Australia, circa 1950-1975|