Search the collections
Packet of Drinking Straws - Old Lolly Shop, Carlton North, circa 1974 Reg. No: SH 921126
- Packet of drinking straws, used at the Old Lolly Shop, Carlton North, circa 1974-75, Made by Hygienic Drinking Straw Co..
The Old Lolly Shop was a milk bar opened and run by Elizabeth and Henry Cohen at 314 Rathdowne Street, Carlton North, from 1939 to 1975.
- One unopened package of twenty-four drinking straws and twenty-eight loose straws made of paper and contained in a bag of printed paper. Package is of transparent, printed cellophane.
- Acquisition Information:
- Donation from Mr Alan Cohen, 1992
- Donated in memory of Elizabeth and Henry Cohen.
|Dimensions:||21.00 cm (Height), 0.10 cm (Width), 8.00 cm (Length)|
|Tagged with:||food drink consumption, jewish communities, religions judaism, retailing, shops, working life|
|Themes this item is part of:||Old Lolly Shop Collection, Cultural Diversity Collection, Domestic & Community Life Collection, Working Life & Trades Collection|
|Primary Classification:||COMMERCE & RETAILING|
|Secondary Classification:||Milk Bars|
|Tertiary Classification:||drinkware - accessories|
|Inscriptions:||Printed cellophane package: CONTENTS 24/PRICE/DRINKING STRAWS/ HYGIENIC DRINKING STRAW CO./LEVANSWELL ROAD, MOORABBIN, VIC./PHONE 95 6339.|
|Manufacturer:||Hygienic Drinking Straw Co., Moorabbin, Victoria, Australia, 1974-1975|
|User:||The Old Lolly Shop, Carlton North, Victoria, Australia, 1974-1975|