Search the collections
This item is on display at Melbourne Museum
Sign - Wrigley's Chewing Gum, circa 1960 Reg. No: SH 921176
- Metal shop advertising sign for Wrigley's chewing gum, circa 1960, used at the Old Lolly Shop, Carlton North.
The Old Lolly Shop was a milk bar opened and run by Elizabeth and Henry Cohen at 314 Rathdowne Street, Carlton North, from 1939 to 1975.
- Rectangular metal sign. Hole punched in each corner. Text across top of sign, centre image of woman holding tablet of chewing gum. Bottom half surface covered in residue of cardboard and adhesive. Reverse gold-coloured metal with green paint drips falling from top edge.
- Acquisition Information:
- Donation from Mr Alan Cohen, 1992
- Donated in memory of Elizabeth and Henry Cohen.
|Dimensions:||34.50 cm (Height), 24.00 cm (Length)|
|Tagged with:||advertising signs, confectioneries, jewish communities, religions judaism, working life|
|Themes this item is part of:||Old Lolly Shop Collection, Cultural Diversity Collection, Domestic & Community Life Collection, Working Life & Trades Collection|
|On Display at:||Melbourne Museum|
|Primary Classification:||COMMERCE & RETAILING|
|Secondary Classification:||Milk Bars|
|Inscriptions:||Printed front: WRIGLEY'S/AIDS/DIGESTION.|
|Manufacturer:||Wrigley Company, New South Wales, Australia, circa 1970|
|Maker:||S.T. Leigh & Co. Pty. Ltd., Sydney, New South Wales, Australia, circa 1960|
|Place & Date Used:||The Old Lolly Shop, Carlton, Victoria, Australia, circa 1960-1975|