Search the collections
This item is on display at Melbourne Museum
Where is it from?
- A User Carlton North, Australia
Sign - Ice Blocks, Old Lolly Shop, Carlton North, circa 1950s Reg. No: SH 921121
- Ice blocks advertising sign, circa 1950s, displayed at the Old Lolly Shop, Carlton North.
The Old Lolly Shop was a milk bar opened and run by Elizabeth and Henry Cohen at 314 Rathdowne Street, Carlton North, from 1939 to 1975.
- Hand painted rectangular cardboard sign. Earth brown in colour. Yellow stripe painted along top and bottom edge. Product information written in red, green and brown paint in cursive. Reverse plain brown card.
- Acquisition Information:
- Donation from Mr Alan Cohen, 1992
- Donated in memory of Elizabeth and Henry Cohen.
|Dimensions:||30.30 cm (Height), 17.70 cm (Length)|
|Tagged with:||advertising signs, confectioneries, jewish communities, religions judaism, retailing, shops, working life|
|Themes this item is part of:||Old Lolly Shop Collection, Cultural Diversity Collection, Domestic & Community Life Collection, Working Life & Trades Collection|
|On Display at:||Melbourne Museum|
|Primary Classification:||COMMERCE & RETAILING|
|Secondary Classification:||Milk Bars|
|Inscriptions:||Text: Ice/Blocks/Creamy Soda/Fruit Salad/Raspbery[sic] & Cream/ Pineapple/Cocoanut [sic] Ice/Lime/& Other Flavors!|
|User:||The Old Lolly Shop, Carlton North, Victoria, Australia, circa 1950s|