Search the collections
Similar items over time
Chocolate Box - Cadbury Black Cat Fine Chocolates, circa 1968 Reg. No: SH 921130
- Box for Cadbury Black Cat Fine Chocolates, circa 1968. The box was displayed in the Old Lolly Shop, Carlton, when it closed in 1975.
The Old Lolly Shop was a milk bar opened and run by Elizabeth and Henry Cohen at 314 Rathdowne Street, Carlton North, from 1939 to 1975.
- White cardboard chocolate box to contain one pound of chocolates. Cadbury's Black Cat trade mark, cat design on top of lid.
- Acquisition Information:
- Donation from Mr Alan Cohen, 1992
- Donated in memory of Elizabeth and Henry Cohen.
|Dimensions:||18.80 cm (Height), 2.70 cm (Width), 28.20 cm (Length)|
|Tagged with:||confectioneries, jewish communities, religions judaism, retailing, shops, working life, -1|
|Themes this item is part of:||Old Lolly Shop Collection, Cultural Diversity Collection, Domestic & Community Life Collection, Working Life & Trades Collection|
|Primary Classification:||COMMERCE & RETAILING|
|Secondary Classification:||Milk Bars|
|Tertiary Classification:||product packaging|
|Inscriptions:||Printed on top of lid: CADBURY'S/BLACK CAT/FINE CHOCOLATES/ 1LD NET. Printed on side of lid: CADBURY FRY PASCALL AUSTRALIA LIMITED/CLAREMONT, TASMANIA.|
|Manufacturer:||Cadbury Fry Pascall Australia Ltd., Claremont, Tasmania, Australia, circa 1968|
|User:||The Old Lolly Shop, Carlton, Victoria, Australia, 1968-1975|