Search the collections
Similar items over time
Chocolate Box - MacRobertsons Selection Box, circa 1970 Reg. No: SH 921131
- Chocolate box for MacRobertsons Selection chocolates, circa 1970. Displayed at the Old Lolly Shop, Carlton North.
The Old Lolly Shop was a milk bar opened and run by Elizabeth and Henry Cohen at 314 Rathdowne Street, Carlton North, from 1939 to 1975.
- Cardboard chocolate box in one piece with end flaps and celluloid moulded liner. Box is printed with Dutch children and windmill design. Two open sections on top to display contents. Celluloid liner tray is dark brown. Contains one item wrapped in cellophane in original wrapper.
- Acquisition Information:
- Donation from Mr Alan Cohen, 1992
- Donated in memory of Elizabeth and Henry Cohen.
|Dimensions:||17.40 cm (Height), 2.20 cm (Width), 24.30 cm (Length)|
|Tagged with:||confectioneries, jewish communities, religions judaism, retailing, shops, working life|
|Themes this item is part of:||Old Lolly Shop Collection, Cultural Diversity Collection, Domestic & Community Life Collection, Working Life & Trades Collection|
|Primary Classification:||COMMERCE & RETAILING|
|Secondary Classification:||Milk Bars|
|Tertiary Classification:||product packaging|
|Inscriptions:||Printed upper side of box: MACROBERTSON SELECTION BOX/A LITTLE DUTCH SCENE TO CUT OUT/(SEE BACK OF BOX). Printed sides of box MACROBERTSON SELECTION BOX, MACROBERTSON PTY.LTD., CANTERBURY ROAD, RINGWOOD, VICTORIA/[list of contents and instructions for cutting out and assembling Dutch scene].|
|Manufacturer:||MacRobertson Pty Ltd, Ringwood, Victoria, Australia, circa 1970|
|User:||The Old Lolly Shop, Carlton, Victoria, Australia, 1970-1975|