Search the collections
Similar items over time
Chocolate Box - MacRobertsons Romance, circa 1970 Reg. No: SH 921135
- Chocolate box for MacRobertsons Romance chocolates, circa 1970. Displayed at the Old Lolly Shop, Carlton North.
The Old Lolly Shop was a milk bar opened and run by Elizabeth and Henry Cohen at 314 Rathdowne Street, Carlton North, from 1939 to 1975.
- Cardboard box with lid, made to contain half a pound of chocolates. Lid is coloured pale orange and carries a design of cameo roses and a curvilinear border with brand name. Box contains original dark brown waxed paper lining and ten individual paper containers.
- Acquisition Information:
- Donation from Mr Alan Cohen, 1992
- Donated in memory of Elizabeth and Henry Cohen.
|Dimensions:||8.00 cm (Height), 4.30 cm (Width), 15.00 cm (Length)|
|Tagged with:||confectioneries, jewish communities, religions judaism, retailing, shops, working life|
|Themes this item is part of:||Old Lolly Shop Collection, Cultural Diversity Collection, Domestic & Community Life Collection, Working Life & Trades Collection|
|Primary Classification:||COMMERCE & RETAILING|
|Secondary Classification:||Milk Bars|
|Tertiary Classification:||product packaging|
|Inscriptions:||Printed on lid: MacRobertson's/ROMANCE/MILK CHOCOLATE ASSORTMENT/ 1/2 LB. NETT.|
|Manufacturer:||MacRobertsons, Sydney, New South Wales, Australia, circa 1970|
|User:||The Old Lolly Shop, Carlton, Victoria, Australia, 1970-1975|