Search the collections
Where is it from?
- A Photographer South Yarra, Australia
Similar items over time
Mounted Print - The Moon, from a Photograph taken by the Great Melbourne Telescope, 1874 Reg. No: SH 950110
- Black and white engraving of the Moon, published in The Australasian Sketcher, 11 July 1874.
Based on a photograph taken with the Great Melbourne Telescope at Melbourne Observatory, 1874.
- Black and white print mounted on buff mountboard.
- Acquisition Information:
- Collected from Museum of Victoria, 1995
|Dimensions:||35.50 cm (Height), 0.30 cm (Width), 30.50 cm (Length)|
|Tagged with:||the moon, telescopes|
|Themes this item is part of:||Great Melbourne Telescope, Melbourne Observatory Collection, Public Life & Institutions Collection, Science & Measurement Collection, Positional Astronomy at Melbourne Observatory, Weights & Measures at Melbourne Observatory, Melbourne Observatory & Standard Time in Victoria, Astrographic Catalogue, Transits of Venus, 1874 & 1882, Buildings at Melbourne Observatory, Star Observations & Personal Equation, Meteorology at Melbourne Observatory, 1863-1908, Melbourne Observatory, 1863-1944, Geodetic Survey of Victoria, 1858-1872|
|Original Caption:||The Moon, from a Photograph taken by the Great Melbourne Telescope|
|Inscriptions:||Text: The Moon, from a Photograph taken by the Great Melbourne Telescope.|
|Format:||Photograph: Black & White|
|Photographer:||Melbourne Observatory, South Yarra, Victoria, Australia, 1874|
This item is part of the following themes:
- Great Melbourne Telescope
- Melbourne Observatory Collection
- Public Life & Institutions Collection
- Science & Measurement Collection
- Positional Astronomy at Melbourne Observatory
- Weights & Measures at Melbourne Observatory
- Melbourne Observatory & Standard Time in Victoria
- Astrographic Catalogue
- Transits of Venus, 1874 & 1882
- Buildings at Melbourne Observatory
- Star Observations & Personal Equation
- Meteorology at Melbourne Observatory, 1863-1908
- Melbourne Observatory, 1863-1944
- Geodetic Survey of Victoria, 1858-1872