Similar items over time
Sign - Travellers & Carriers, Simpson's Gloves, Richmond, Victoria, circa 1966 Reg. No: SH 890773
- Sign, setting out instructions for interviewing of commercial travellers and delivery of goods by carriers, Simpson's Gloves Factory, Richmond, Victoria, Pty Ltd, Richmond, circa 1966.
Simpson's Gloves Pty Ltd was formed in 1924 and produced leather gloves and coats, handbags, helmets and associated leather goods. The company first operated in Smith Street, and subsequently Alexandra Parade, Collingwood, relocating to Victoria Street, Richmond in 1928, where it remained until 1988.
- Wooden sign, made from one piece of wood, bevelled edges on front. Painted cream with black lettering. Holes in each corner by which sign was screwed in place, three screws still in situ.
- Acquisition Information:
- Cultural Gifts Donation from Mr Alistair Mitchell, 1989
- Donated through the Australian Government's Cultural Gifts Program.
|Dimensions:||44.00 cm (Height), 46.00 cm (Length)|
|Themes this item is part of:||Simpson's Gloves Pty Ltd, 1924-1988, Simpson's Gloves Collection, Clothing & Textiles Collection, Working Life & Trades Collection, Amos Griffiths Simpson, Glove Manufacturer (1878-1953), Production Processes at Simpson's Gloves Factory, Working Life at Simpson's Gloves Factory, Workers at Simpson's Gloves Factory|
|Primary Classification:||MANUFACTURING & INDUSTRY|
|Secondary Classification:||Clothing Accessories|
|Inscriptions:||Text: TRAVELLERS/INTERVIEWD/BETWEEN 8 TO 11.45AM 1.30-4PM/TUESDAYS ONLY/CARRIERS/ALL GOODS TO BE/DELIVERED IN/RECEIVING ROOM/AT REAR.|
|User:||Simpson's Gloves Pty Ltd, Richmond North, Victoria, Australia, circa 1966|
This item is part of the following themes:
- Simpson's Gloves Pty Ltd, 1924-1988
- Simpson's Gloves Collection
- Clothing & Textiles Collection
- Working Life & Trades Collection
- Amos Griffiths Simpson, Glove Manufacturer (1878-1953)
- Production Processes at Simpson's Gloves Factory
- Working Life at Simpson's Gloves Factory
- Workers at Simpson's Gloves Factory