Search the collections
Stool - Pedestal Type, Adjustable, Simpson's Gloves, Richmond, Victoria, circa 1930s Reg. No: SH 891028 1
- Adjustable stool on pedestal, with round wooden seat that screws to adjust the height. Used at Simpson's Gloves Pty Ltd, Richmond, 1928-1988.
Simpson's Gloves Pty Ltd was formed in 1924 and produced leather gloves and coats, handbags, helmets and associated leather goods. The company first operated in Smith Street, and subsequently Alexandra Parade, Collingwood, relocating to Victoria Street, Richmond in 1928, where it remained until 1988.
- 44 cm high plain cast-iron pedestal with three feet (no identification). 30 cm diameter circular wooden seat, adjustable in height by rotating screw-threaded seat stem in pedestal.
- Acquisition Information:
- Tax Donation from Mr Alistair Mitchell, 1989
- Donated through the Australian Government's Cultural Gifts Program.
|Dimensions:||44 cm (Height), 30 cm (Width), 30 cm (Diameter)|
|Themes this item is part of:||Amos Griffiths Simpson, Glove Manufacturer (1878-1953), Simpson's Gloves Pty Ltd, 1924-1988, Production Processes at Simpson's Gloves Factory, Working Life at Simpson's Gloves Factory, Workers at Simpson's Gloves Factory, Simpson's Gloves Collection, Clothing & Textiles Collection, Working Life & Trades Collection|
|Primary Classification:||MANUFACTURING & INDUSTRY|
|Secondary Classification:||Clothing Accessories|
|User:||Simpson's Gloves Pty Ltd, Richmond, Victoria, Australia, 1928-1988|
|References:||See Parent Record|
This item is part of the following themes:
- Amos Griffiths Simpson, Glove Manufacturer (1878-1953)
- Simpson's Gloves Pty Ltd, 1924-1988
- Production Processes at Simpson's Gloves Factory
- Working Life at Simpson's Gloves Factory
- Workers at Simpson's Gloves Factory
- Simpson's Gloves Collection
- Clothing & Textiles Collection
- Working Life & Trades Collection