Retail Signs - Old Lolly Shop, Carlton North, circa 1955-1966 Reg. No: SH 921120
- Nine celluloid retail signs, used at the Old Lolly Shop, Carlton North, circa 1955-1966. Several of the signs became obsolete with the introduction of decimal currency in 1966.
The Old Lolly Shop was a milk bar opened and run by Elizabeth and Henry Cohen at 314 Rathdowne Street, Carlton North, from 1939 to 1975.
- Nine celluloid price tickets rectangular in shape, cream in colour.
- Acquisition Information:
- Donation from Mr Alan Cohen, 1992
- Donated in memory of Elizabeth and Henry Cohen.
|Tagged with:||advertising signs, jewish communities, religions judaism, retailing, shops, working life|
|Themes this item is part of:||Old Lolly Shop Collection, Cultural Diversity Collection, Domestic & Community Life Collection, Working Life & Trades Collection|
|Primary Classification:||COMMERCE & RETAILING|
|Secondary Classification:||Milk Bars|
|User:||The Old Lolly Shop, Carlton North, Victoria, Australia, circa 1955-1966|