Search the collections
Similar items over time
12 Hole Paper Tape - CSIRAC Computer, Music: Lucy Long (1), T746, Circa 1957 Reg. No: HT 2216
- Paper tape, part of a collection of paper tape programs and sub-routines used for input to CSIRAC. This is a program with data following after the program on the same tape, which plays 'Lucy Long' when the program is run.
The collection includes the original University of Melbourne Computation Laboratory Paper Tape Library of 12 hole tapes of subroutines and programs, and program and data tapes from staff and outside users.
Most of the paper tapes were 12-track punched paper tapes. 5 hole paper tapes were used primarily for data input and output rather than program input. However, 5 hole program tapes could be produced by using Interprogram, an English language programming system rather than using machine language.
Each tape has a 'T' number. The Computation Laboratory Paper Tape Library consisted of tapes with a tape number less than 700. There were not 700 tapes but the number 700 was arbitrarily chosen to separate the Computation Laboratory Library tapes from user tapes.
Details of this tape:
Tape no 746: "Music: Lucy Long (1) Program + data"
From CSIRAC Paper Tape Library Box no: B208
For more documentation on the contents of this tape see folder 17, inventory id HT13511.26
- Acquisition Information:
- Donation from University of Melbourne (The) Computer Science & Software Engineering Department
|Dimensions:||60 mm (Width), 38 mm (Diameter)|
|Tagged with:||computers, computing, csirac computer, computer music, making history - csirac|
|Themes this item is part of:||Classification of CSIRAC Programs & Routines, CSIRAC Paper Tape Library Collection, Information & Communication Collection|
|Primary Classification:||COMPUTING & CALCULATING|
|Secondary Classification:||Digital Computing|
|Creator:||Professor Thomas Cherry - University of Melbourne (The) Computation Laboratory, Parkville, Victoria, Australia, circa 1957|
|User:||University of Melbourne (The) Computer Science & Software Engineering Department, Parkville, Victoria, Australia, circa 1957|