Analytical Balance - Sartorius, circa 1950s Reg. No: HT 2818
- Analytical balance, electrically powered. About 1950s. Used by Commonwealth Serum Laboratories (CSL) Ltd, Parkville, Victoria. Made by Sartorius, Germany.
- Plastic cylindrical apparatus with domed top. Curved clear plastic sliding doors at front. Adjustable feet. Stainless steel balance inside chamber with one dish. Black and silver knobs and digital readout at front. Electric power cable extends from back.
- Statement Of Significance:
- An example of laborartory equipment used at Commonwealth Serum Laboratories before the 1980s.
- Acquisition Information:
- Donation from CSL Ltd (Commonwealth Serum Laboratories), 2004
|Tagged with:||balances, laboratory apparatus|
|Themes this item is part of:||Medicine in Society Collection, Science & Measurement Collection, CSL (Commonwealth Serum Laboratories) Collection|
|Primary Classification:||MEDICINE & HEALTH|
|Secondary Classification:||Medical Research|
|Tertiary Classification:||laboratory equipment|
|User:||CSL Ltd (Commonwealth Serum Laboratories), Parkville, Victoria, Australia, circa 1950s|