Search the collections
Navigation Lamps - SS Edina, circa 1880 Reg. No: ST 025242
- Port and starboard navigation lamps from the vessel SS Edina that operated the Melbourne-Geelong passenger sevice between 1880 and 1938. These were purchased at an auction of the ship's fittings by the donor after the hulk was broken up in 1958.
- Two large glass navigation lamps with coloured glass lenses. One is darkened copper which is a black/brown colour, and the other is a shiney, pink coppery colour with a blue coloured glass lens.
- Acquisition Information:
- Donation from Aerospace Technologies of Australia Pty Ltd (ASTA), 1962
|Tagged with:||lamps, ship accessories, port phillip bay steamers, victorian coastal shipping|
|Themes this item is part of:||Transport Collection, Ship History - SS Edina|
|Primary Classification:||WATER TRANSPORT|
|Secondary Classification:||Ship Fittings & Auxiliaries|
|Tertiary Classification:||navigation lamps|
|Place & Date Used:||Geelong, Victoria, Australia, 1880-1938|
|Other Association (See Comments):||., 1880-1938
Used on this ship