Tractor - Hart-Parr 12-24, circa 1926 Reg. No: ST 038221
- Introduced in 1924, the 12-24 was the smallest tractor in the range of tractors made by the Hart-Parr Company in Iowa, USA. Hart-Parr were one of the earliest manufacturers of internal combustion engined tractors beginning in 1902. The twin-cylinder 27 horsepower (20kw) 12-24 was intended to compete with the massively popular Fordson and was produced in three models (E,G & H). In 1929 Hart-Parr merged with the Oliver Chilled Plow Company and became part of the new Oliver Farm Equipment Company. The Melbourne agent for Hart-Parr tractors was T. Robinson & Co. Pty Ltd of Spotswood who also produced their own range of agricultural equipment. Hart-Parr produced a 12-24 'Australian Special' for the local market but this was discontinued after the merger with Oliver.
Acquired from the Seymour Historical Society in 1986. It had previously been restored by the Australian Army as an apprentice training project in 1975.
|Dimensions:||2000 mm (Height), 2000 mm (Width), 3400 mm (Length)|
|Weight:||2125 kg (Weight)|
|Tagged with:||tractors, internal combustion engines, farms|
|Themes this item is part of:||Engineering Collection, Sustainable Futures Collection, T. Robinson & Co, Agricultural Implement Makers, Melbourne, Victoria|
|Primary Classification:||AGRICULTURE & RURAL LIFE|
|Secondary Classification:||Internal Combustion Power|
|Manufacturer:||Hart-Parr, United States of America, circa 1926|
|Agent:||T. Robinson & Co, Australia, 1926|
|Restorer:||Australian Army, Seymour, Victoria, Australia, 1975|