Search the collections
Electronic Valve - Westinghouse, Diode, Type 268415-P, 1920s Reg. No: ST 027893
- Gas filled low voltage rectifier.
These valves were normally argon filled and were used in low voltage battery chargers. GE used the name 'Tungar' (a combination of tungsten and argon). Westinghouse used the name Rectigon, the 'gon' presumably also derived from argon.
Manufacturer: Westinghouse Electric and Manufacturing Company.
- Spherical bulb with extension on top with Edison screw base and top anode connection. There is an asbestos filling where the anode top connector is recessed.
- Acquisition Information:
- Donation from Wireless Institute of Australia, 1967
|Dimensions:||137 mm (Length), 52 mm (Diameter)|
|Tagged with:||thermionic electron valves, 1031, dm21|
|Themes this item is part of:||Engineering Collection, Information & Communication Collection|
|Secondary Classification:||Vacuum Technology|
|Inscriptions:||Base: Rectigon/268415-P/WE & M Co., USA/Licensed as set forth on carton|
|Manufacturer:||Westinghouse Electric Corporation, United States of America, 1920-1930|