Search the collections
Ship's Bell - MV Britannic, 1930 Reg. No: ST 034956
- Brass ship's bell made from metal salvaged from the MV Britannic built by Harland & Wolff, Belfast for the White Star Line in 1929 and broken up at Inverkeithing, Scotland in 1961.
- Copper alloy bell with hanging device. Metal clapper and clapper attachment. Thin rope handle attached to clapper.
- Acquisition Information:
- Donation from Mr Gerald Dee, 1984
|Dimensions:||250 mm (Height), 172 mm (Diameter)|
|Tagged with:||bells, water transport, ship s bells|
|Themes this item is part of:||Transport Collection|
|Primary Classification:||WATER TRANSPORT|
|Secondary Classification:||Ship Fittings & Auxiliaries|
|Other Association (See Comments):||White Star Line, Aberdeen, Scotland, Great Britain, 1930-1961
Owner of ship from which this bell was made
|Other Association (See Comments):||., 1930-1961
Metal for bell came from this ship.
|Place & Date Inscribed:||Inverkeithing, Scotland, 1961|