Search the collections
Pocket Watch Movement - Musical Reg. No: ST 020156
- Gents pocket watch movement, musical.
- Key wound spring; cylinder escapement.
Movement mounted in brass ring. Quarter repeating movement. Strikes on two metal coils; music provided by tuned metal springs that are sounded by pins protruding from rotating brass disc.
- Statement Of Significance:
- One of several watch movements donated by Ingram Brothers jewelers in 1937. During the 1930s Depression, customers would bring in gold or silver fob watches to sell for the value of the gold or silver. Ingrams (and other jewelers) melted down the cases to sell the metal, but kept the movements of historically interesting watches.
- Acquisition Information:
- Donation from J. Ingram, 1937
|Dimensions:||1 cm (Width), 6.5 cm (Diameter)|
|Tagged with:||gents watches, key watches, pocket watches, striking watches, watchworks, horology|
|Themes this item is part of:||Science & Measurement Collection|
|Tertiary Classification:||origin unknown|
|Inscriptions:||Plate is marked 'A.IR' and '027'.|