Search the collections
This item is on display at Melbourne Museum
Medal - Canterbury Agricultural & Pastoral Association, 1927 Reg. No: ST 026618
- Gold medal from the Canterbury Agricultural and Pastoral Association was awarded to Andrews and Beavan Ltd in 1927.
The Canterbury Agricultural and Pastoral Association, was established in 1862. The Association has held the annual Canterbury Agricultural & Pastoral Show every year since its establishment. Livestock and machinery exhibits featured from the outset.
- Circular gold medal with embossed text around the outside of the medal. In the centre is an embossed design with the heads of a cowl, horse and sheep, with a tree behind them.
- Acquisition Information:
- Donation from Mr Cecil McKay, 1970
|Dimensions:||35 mm (Height), 35 mm (Width)|
|Tagged with:||agricultural shows|
|Themes this item is part of:||H.V. McKay Sunshine Collection, Sustainable Futures Collection|
|On Display at:||Melbourne Museum|
|Tertiary Classification:||agricultural prizes|
|Inscriptions:||Embossed around the edge of the Medal: CANTERBURY AGRICULTURAL AND PASTORAL ASSOCIATION; FOUNDED 1885|
|Awarded By:||Canterbury Agricultural & Pastoral Association, Canterbury, South Island, New Zealand, 1927|
|Awarded To:||Andrews & Beavan Ltd, New Zealand, 1927|