Pencil - CSIRAC Computer, Lead, 1950s Reg. No: ST 044470
- One of two lead pencils used by engineers working on CSIRAC.
The pencils were used in the late 1950s, during the period that CSIRAC was at the University of Melbourne.
Pencils were used sometimes in preference to fountain pens; the use of ball-point pens was only then becoming commonplace.
- Acquisition Information:
- Donation from Mr. John Spencer, 1999
|Dimensions:||17.5 cm (Length), .9 cm (Diameter)|
|Tagged with:||computer accessories, computing, csirac computer, making history - csirac|
|Themes this item is part of:||Information & Communication Collection, CSIRAC Collection|
|Primary Classification:||COMPUTING & CALCULATING|
|Secondary Classification:||Digital Computing|
|User:||University of Melbourne (The), Carlton, Victoria, Australia, 1954-1964|