Search the collections
Plough Model - Mouldboard, Stump Jump, 'Sunrise', Braybrook Implement Co., pre 1915 Reg. No: ST 007805
- Model of a three furrow stump jump mouldboard "Sunrise" plough. The model was made by H. V. McKay Massey Harris Pty. Ltd., Sunshine, Victoria.
The "Sunrise" plough was first manufactured by Braybrook Implement Co. in 1890. H. V. McKay acquired the Braybrook works in 1904 and continued production.
The "Sunrise" plough was also produced with 5, 6 and 8 furrows.
- Acquisition Information:
- Donation from Mr Hugh McKay, 1915
|Dimensions:||30.50 cm (Height), 37.00 cm (Width), 63.00 cm (Length)|
|Dimension Comment:||Measurements taken for Australia Gallery redevelopment.|
|Tagged with:||agriculture, cultivation, industrial design, ploughs, innovation design|
|Themes this item is part of:||Hugh V. McKay, Agricultural Implement & Machinery Manufacturer, Ballarat & Sunshine, Victoria, H.V. McKay Sunshine Collection, H.V. McKay Massey Harris Pty Ltd, Agricultural Equipment Manufacturers & Importers, Sunshine, Victoria, Sustainable Futures Collection, Sunshine Stripper Harvester, The Sunshine Harvester Works, Sunshine, Victoria, Australia|
|Primary Classification:||AGRICULTURE & RURAL LIFE|
|Secondary Classification:||Crop Management - Ploughing|
|Tertiary Classification:||model ploughs|
|Manufacturer:||Braybrook Implement Co, Braybrook, Victoria, Australia, 1890-1904
|Manufacturer:||H.V. McKay, Sunshine Harvester Works, Sunshine, Victoria, Australia, 1904-1930s|
|References:||http://museumvictoria.com.au/sunshine/ viewed 12.05.2008 LDH|
This item is part of the following themes:
- Hugh V. McKay, Agricultural Implement & Machinery Manufacturer, Ballarat & Sunshine, Victoria
- H.V. McKay Sunshine Collection
- H.V. McKay Massey Harris Pty Ltd, Agricultural Equipment Manufacturers & Importers, Sunshine, Victoria
- Sustainable Futures Collection
- Sunshine Stripper Harvester
- The Sunshine Harvester Works, Sunshine, Victoria, Australia