Similar items over time
Aeroplane Fuselage Frame Section - De Havilland DH 60M Gipsy Moth, circa 1935 Reg. No: ST 019949
- A section of welded tubular steel from the rear fuselage of a De Havilland DH 60M Gipsy Moth biplane made by the Department of Defence at Maribrynong, Victoria in about 1935. Six DH 60M fuselages were built at Maribrynong for the RAAF. The program was designed to develop local aircraft manufacturing capacity. The wings were built by Tugan Aircraft in Sydney.
This section of fuselage was donated to the Museum in 1935 and is believed to be a test piece used to develop welding techniques.
- Acquisition Information:
- Donation from Australian Oxygen & Industrial Gases Pty Ltd, 1935
|Tagged with:||aeroplane components, welding, dlofdfpv, yaabcganx, ogalqavubh, ltuadyoyo|
|Themes this item is part of:||Engineering Collection, Transport Collection, Maribyrnong Small Arms & Ammunition Factory|
|Primary Classification:||AIR TRANSPORT|
|Tertiary Classification:||components - fuselages|
|Maker:||Australia: Defence Department, Maribyrnong Munition Works Maribyrnong Munitions Factory, Maribyrnong, Victoria, Australia, 1935|