Search the collections
Motor Car Chassis - Rootes Group, Humber Hawk Mark VI, 1957 Reg. No: ST 028753
- The Humber Hawk Mark VI was first built in Britain by the Rootes Group in June 1954 and remained in production until May 1957. It was the last model of the Hawk series to retain the box-section chassis frame. All subsequent models used a unitary body and chassis structure. The engine is a four-cylinder 2.3 litre unit. These vehicles were assembled at the Rootes Group factory in Port Melbourne from imported components.
This sectioned chassis was prepared by the Rootes Group in Australia for display at motor shows and was later given to RMIT for motor trade instructional purposes. It was then donated to the Museum by the Royal Melbourne Institute of Technology in 1973.
- Acquisition Information:
- Donation from Royal Melbourne Institute of Technology (RMIT), 1973
|Dimensions:||1300 mm (Height), 1650 mm (Width), 4360 mm (Length)|
|Tagged with:||motor cars, displays|
|Themes this item is part of:||Melbourne Working Men's College (RMIT), Engineering Collection, Transport Collection|
|Primary Classification:||ROAD TRANSPORT|
|Secondary Classification:||Motor Vehicles|
|Tertiary Classification:||motor cars|
|Model Name/Number:||Mark VI; Hawk|
|Manufacturer:||Rootes Group, England, Great Britain, circa 1954|
|User:||Royal Melbourne Institute of Technology (RMIT), Australia, circa 1956-1973|