Search the collections
Motor Cycle Engine - Douglas Twin-Cylinder, circa 1925 Reg. No: ST 015532
- Douglas Motors Ltd motor cycles were made in Bristol, UK from 1903. The company was one of the leading British manufacturers until the World War II and many Douglas machines were used for competion work. The two-cylinder, horizontally opposed engine was the mainstay of the Douglas powerplants, being built in various sizes. The company later imported and assembled Vespa motor scooters.
This sectioned twin-cylinder engine was built in about 1925. It was donated to the Museum by the local Douglas agent, Turner Bros of 343 Swanston Street, Melbourne in March 1925.
- Acquisition Information:
- Donation from Douglas Motors Ltd, 1925
|Tagged with:||motor cycle engines, motor cycles, opposed twin, air-cooled|
|Themes this item is part of:||Engineering Collection, Transport Collection, Motor Cycle Collection|
|Primary Classification:||ROAD TRANSPORT|
|Secondary Classification:||Motor Cycles|
|Tertiary Classification:||motor cycles|
|Maker:||Douglas Motors Ltd, England, Great Britain, circa 1925|