Search the collections
Detector - A. W. Carr, Radio, 1927 Reg. No: ST 016006
- Electrolytic detector. Radio component. Made in Australia by A. W. Carr of Ascot Vale, Victoria in 1927 to a 1908 design.
A thin wire is lowered into the cup containing electrolyte, thus creating a rectifying effect for a radio receiver.
- Ebonite base with two terminals with central brass cup. A brass pedestal supports a threaded shaft with a knob at one end and a screw grip on the other holding a very fine piece of wire (0.1 mm diameter).
|Dimensions:||94 mm (Height), 87 mm (Diameter)|
|Tagged with:||radios, radio detectors|
|Themes this item is part of:||Information & Communication Collection, Radio comes of age in Australia - broadcasting begins, 1922 - 1930|
|Manufacturer:||A, W. Carr, Ascot Vale, Victoria, Australia, 1927|
This item is part of the following themes: