Search the collections
This item is on display at Melbourne Museum
Where is it from?
- A User Parkville, Australia
Leitz Illuminator - Microscope, pre 1914 Reg. No: HT 2856
- E Leitz illuminator for use with microscope. Light is passed through a globular glass flask filled with a coloured solution. This process removes heat from the light beam, and alters the wavelength of light for improved contrast imaging of specimen. Pre 1914. Used by the Commonwealth Serum Laboratories, Parkville.
- Adjustable black two-legged stand supports electric light globe housing. Hood positioned in front of glove supports globular glass flask.
- Acquisition Information:
- Donation from CSL Ltd (Commonwealth Serum Laboratories), 2004
|Dimensions:||27.50 cm (Height), 12.00 cm (Width), 31.00 cm (Length)|
|Tagged with:||laboratory apparatus equipment, light filters, microscope illuminators|
|Themes this item is part of:||Psychiatric Institutions of the Past, Medicine in Society Collection, Science & Measurement Collection, CSL (Commonwealth Serum Laboratories) Collection|
|On Display at:||Melbourne Museum|
|Primary Classification:||MEDICINE & HEALTH|
|Secondary Classification:||Medical Research|
|Tertiary Classification:||laboratory equipment|
|Inscriptions:||On flask: BUCHI/SWITZERLAND/ DURAN/ SCHOTT/ MAINZ/ JENA TM GLASS 250ml|
|Manufacturer:||Schott, West Germany|
|User:||CSL Ltd (Commonwealth Serum Laboratories), Parkville, Victoria, Australia, pre 1914|