Medal - Engineering Faculty Centenary, 1883-1983, University of Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, 1983 Reg. No: NU 13500
- Medal commemorating Melbourne University, Engineering Faculty Centenary, 1883-1983.
The School of Engineering was created at the University of Melbourne in November 1860. Engineering has been taught continuously at the University of Melbourne since 1861. The school opened with one lecturer and 15 students, who attended lectures on two evenings each week. The first Engineering degree was not awarded until 1883. This medal commemorates the centenary of that first degree.
- A small chromed medal with loop and ring for wearing issued to commemorate the centenary of the Engineering Faculty
At centre within a rectalinear design MU / EF around, Engineering Centenary 1883 1983
University of Melbourne logo.
The letters on the obverse are for Melbourne University Engineering Faculty.
- Acquisition Information:
- Donation from Dr Raymond Marginson, 1992
|Dimensions:||27 mm (Height), 21 mm (Diameter)|
|Weight:||4.66 g (Weight)|
|Dimension Comment:||Height includes loop extended|
|Themes this item is part of:||Engineering Collection, Public Life & Institutions Collection, University of Melbourne, Faculty of Engineering, Parkville, Victoria|
|Series:||Australian Commemorative Medals|
|Obverse Description:||At centre within a rectalinear design MU / EF around, Engineering Centenary 1883 1983.|
|Reverse Description:||University of Melbourne logo.|
|Edge Description:||Plain with loop and ring for wearing.|
|Inscriptions:||(edge) Plain with loop and ring for wearing.
(obverse) At centre within a rectalinear design MU / EF around, Engineering Centenary 1883 1983.
(reverse) University of Melbourne logo.
|Issued By:||University of Melbourne (The) Engineering Faculty, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia|
This item is part of the following themes: