Search the collections
This item is on display at Melbourne Museum
Where is it from?
- A User Parkville, Australia
Bottle Rack - Reagent, circa 1920 Reg. No: HT 3529
- Wooden rack with set of glass bottles containing various fluids. Racks like this were widely used up until the 1960s for sets of chemical reagents or diagnostic preparations. The covered compartments could hold pipettes, test tubes, slides, or other items. This set was used by the Vaccines Dept for standard culture suspensions. period 1920s.
Used by Commonwealth Serum Laboratories (CSL) Ltd., Parkville, Victoria.
- Oblong wooden box with extended curved sides and extended back. Front section has hinged lid. Back section is perforated by 24 circles, top vc. 20 clear glass cylindrical bottles with clear glass stoppers filled with variously coloured liquids. One glass bottle slightly larger than others not suitable for rack.
- Acquisition Information:
- Donation from CSL Ltd (Commonwealth Serum Laboratories), 2004
|Dimensions:||14.00 cm (Height), 25.00 cm (Width), 49.00 cm (Length)|
|Tagged with:||bottles, laboratory apparatus, vaccines|
|Themes this item is part of:||Psychiatric Institutions of the Past, Medicine in Society Collection, Science & Measurement Collection, CSL (Commonwealth Serum Laboratories) Collection|
|On Display at:||Melbourne Museum|
|Primary Classification:||MEDICINE & HEALTH|
|Secondary Classification:||Medical Research|
|Tertiary Classification:||laboratory equipment|
|User:||CSL Ltd (Commonwealth Serum Laboratories), Parkville, Victoria, Australia, circa 1920s|